Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate eSim

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hi there,

Had this problem a few weeks ago with a friend but fixed it by going to the EE store. 

Now same issue for my parents, put a new EE sim in the phone and then created an eSim via the app. 

Downloads fine, but then when sending the text with a activation code. It arrives but isn't accepted. 

Anyone else had this / know how to fix?

24 REPLIES 24

This is a big mad.

When I created my eSim it deactivated the physical Sim

Then to activate the eSim EE sends a six digit code to the the eSim that’s not been activated so will never arrive to activate the eSim. And round and round we go. Even customer services were stumped. EE need to look at their digital workflows. Crazy. 

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor
I assume you have the unactivated eSim in your phone?

If so, as a workaround. Log into MyEE from the web (from a web browser) rather than the app.

When you log in that way, it’ll show you have an unactivated sim. You can then generate the code and it’ll work.

If you read my earlier posts. This has been a problem forever. Disappointing it’s not been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone

I had a similar experience, each time the advisors have told me to wait longer than 24 hours, been without signal now for over a week. For a company that advertises as the best network are clearly not providing me with that service, I want to come out of my contract and switch to another provider that actually cares about providing a service to customers. 

still not able to use my esim doesn’t matter how many QR codes you want to send me they don’t work. Keep getting sim activation failed. 

at a lost of what to do next been with EE all my life and never experienced such a bad service. Sort it out ASAP. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Brucher 

Are you with us on a pay monthly account? 

Is this being looked into by our mobile care team to get this resolved? 

Leanne.

On pay monthly, spoke to ee this morning had signal for about 15mins now back to no service honestly at the same point where I was on Wednesday. The guy I spoke to this morning was brilliant but I am now back to square 1. How can it be this difficult to get service from an esim? 

please can you advise me on what my options are for getting out of my contract with EE really unhappy lack of service in getting. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Brucher 

I am sorry we have no account access on the community, to discuss your options for the contract and get this looked into please get back in touch with our mobile care team. 

Leanne.

Be nice to be able to use my phone to call ee but have no service. The tech support via the app is terrible not going to get this fixed anytime soon.

Leanne_T

Hi @Brucher 

Please call us from another phone to get this looked into. 

Leanne.

Done this many times but still going round and round in circles, decided I’m going see if I can leave this contract not get the service I’m paying for. 

Hi. I had to reset my iPhone 12 and I was using an esim. I now need to activate the esim but need a text message code to do so. How is this possible if my sim is not active? What is the workaround in this situation?