Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate eSim

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hi there,

Had this problem a few weeks ago with a friend but fixed it by going to the EE store. 

Now same issue for my parents, put a new EE sim in the phone and then created an eSim via the app. 

Downloads fine, but then when sending the text with a activation code. It arrives but isn't accepted. 

Anyone else had this / know how to fix?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

OK, managed to work around this. 

Generating the activation code via the My EE app just resulted in every single one of them being rejected as incorrect.

Signed into My EE on the laptop. It recognised the eSim wasn't active and let me send the code from where which worked.

Just in case anyone else has this issue 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

OK, managed to work around this. 

Generating the activation code via the My EE app just resulted in every single one of them being rejected as incorrect.

Signed into My EE on the laptop. It recognised the eSim wasn't active and let me send the code from where which worked.

Just in case anyone else has this issue 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know how you got this sorted, @_MrR_  🙂

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Just to explain the problem statement and the fix a bit more clearly. 

So I was trying to move to eSim on my parents iPhones (as a side note, I'd done this for a friend a few weeks ago and hit the same issue). 

You sign into My EE and go to the section where you can replace your sim with an eSim. 

The process is really simple, asks you if you're installing on this device or a different one. Selected this device and the profile downloads.

The last step is where it sends a verification PIN via SMS before activating the eSim.

This is where the process breaks. It's clearly something in the design as I've had this three times, on three different iPhones. The number in the text received just isn't recognised as the PIN. 

Can this be flagged to someone to be looked at as this isn't a great experience. The first time this happened, I ended up having to go to an EE store as my friend was taking off to Dubai the next day and wanted the eSim working so his physical sim was free for a UAE sim.

The workaround is to leave the eSim in the phone unactivated and then log into your My EE account via the web. Once logged in, you see a message saying eSim ready for activation and it again goes through the process of sending a text which this time works.

So it's verification texts generated via the My EE app that seem to be the problem. If you could put this on someone's radar, it'd help others 👍 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for explaining some more and for feeding this back, @_MrR_ 

We'll pass it on the the My EE team.

Chris

Ankit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you. You saved me a trip to EE shop

Davetherave666
Visitor

None of this helps if you don’t have a sim or lost your phone or it’s broken bla bla so why doesn’t it just download to the phone from the app. And why isn’t it possible to find a link in the app to get an e sim for the associated account 

all there is are paid sim plans no e sims 

zzz 

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hi @Davetherave666 

You can download a e-sim profile from your My EE account if you're signed in on the device you want to download it too.

You seem to be looking at the online shop, if you're already a customer, you can self serve an eSim. 

georgelh
Visitor

HELP!!! eSim not working, i have rung customer service on 3 different days and gone into the EE shop twice during my working day and tired to set up my eSim using the posted QR code, then tried a fresh download from the app, everyone said wait 24 hours....2 x 24 hours on separate occasions later and i still have no service! Spoke to a Level 2 technical advisor which to say the least only said to wait another 24 hours and the app would prompt me to download the sim through the my ee app. 

Was then notifed that the ee sim was ready, downloaded and went through the process....guess what...still not working.

The EE shop couldn't figure it out and i am left without my business line for now 3 -4 days! I need to get this working as i have my business and personal line on my iPhone 14 pro.

Someone who can actually help please get back to me as i have had enough of this whole process and kept being spun round in circles after the 10th eSim attempt that were all guided by technical support team.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @georgelh,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, we can't access your account via the community forum. Our Technical Support Team are best placed to help you resolve this issue.

James