cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andriod phone 13 recently ported number

ohnowrongnumber
Investigator
Investigator

I recently ported over however the phone is holding onto the original number when texting people.

I changed the number in message but this hasn't fixed the issue.

Ideally need a new sim with the correct number on it.

16 REPLIES 16
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ohnowrongnumber 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Please give us a call on 150 and the team will perform a refresh on your account to see if this resolves the issue for you, if this remains they can organise a replacement SIM 🙂

Leanne.

A new sim is on the way.

ohnowrongnumber
Investigator
Investigator

Well it looks like they've disabled my sim and the new one hasn't arrived yet which is annoying as I'm now incommunicado.

James_B

Hi @ohnowrongnumber,

I'm sorry to hear your SIM has been disconnected.

Did this happen immediately after speaking to Customer Care?

James

No I rang Thursday evening and it went overnight Friday at some point. Post hasn't come yet.

James_B

Hi @ohnowrongnumber,

If the replacement SIM order had triggered the problem with your SIM, I would have expected this to happen at the same time.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can take a quick look at your account.

Thanks

James

ohnowrongnumber
Investigator
Investigator

Well at the moment I can't call them I don't have a spare phone. I could email but the new sim should be on the way so no rush at the moment. It could also be a dead sim as well.

James_B

If you'd like to chat with the team online, please head to Contact us about your mobile phone (ee.co.uk) @ohnowrongnumber 

James

ohnowrongnumber
Investigator
Investigator

Apparently it's EE policy to disable your present sim as soon as you order a new one. Silly that as the sim maybe partly working or in my case fine apart from the wrong number being shown to some people.

Slightly annoying so I asked my for comments to be passed up the management chain.

"Don't disable the present sim when an new one is ordered unless the customer confirms it's totally dead. "

Luckily I'm no longer a carer if I was this would have been a big problem and a cause of unnecessary stress.