cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to buy add-on

boringpiddock
Visitor

Hi

I'm no longer able to buy any add-ons.  If I try to follow the link to myee, it times out, calling 150 didn't come up with any options that worked and texting 150 to buy an add-on gets the reply - sorry, there has been a problem and we cannot add this add-on, please try again later

10 REPLIES 10
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @boringpiddock ,

Welcome to the community,

I believe that add-ons are for contract customers, not pay as you go, so you would have to either change to a monthly contract or go to a store to buy an add-on.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @boringpiddock,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you having difficulties purchasing an add-on at add-on.ee.co.uk? If you are, please can you clear your web browser's cache and let me know if that resolves the issue?

Thanks

James

No, @Schockwave , PAYG users can buy add-on on top of their regular packs:Capture.JPG

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX , sorry yes, I got it wrong, was not thinking about those add-ons.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
barbara1935
Explorer

Hi

Can someone please help.

I have been trying to buy add ons for my PAYG phone yesterday and today. I keep getting the message

"Sorry, we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later."

I need to buy extra minutes as my plan has run out.

Katie_B

Hi @barbara1935

Welcome to the EE Community. 

When did your last plan run out?

Are you abroad at the moment?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Hi

The last add on ran out yesterday.

I am not abroad.

The webpage says "ADDONS PURCHASE ERROR" at the top and then underneath it says "We're working on fixing this page. In the meantime, find help at ee.co.uk.help".

It has been the same since yesterday and now my add on has run out and I can't buy any more.

Can you help me buy a new add on? I have money in my top up account and I just want to buy 100 minutes for one month for £5 like I usually do.

Katie_B

Hi @barbara1935

If you text ADD MINS to 150 what reports back?

Are you able to purchase this way?

Katie

Hi

No I can't use my phone to add minutes.

I always do this on my computer.