cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage abroad

Katie281
Visitor

I have moved to Australia and tried to keep my number by swapping my contract to a pay as you go and now it won't seem to work. What is wrong? I can't even call 150 for help!

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Katie281 

Your PAYG SIM needs to be activated on the UK network. If not the SIM will not work. 

If you need to speak to EE CS download Skype and use the number over WiFi in my signature.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Exactly when did your pay-monthly SIM get transferred to PAYG? Did you do this before leaving the UK, or after?

If this was done whilst you were abroad, that SIM will now not work until it is used on EE's UK network, for which there is no workaround. As part of the UK-based activation process, roaming is automatically enabled which unlocks the ability to connect to foreign networks.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It takes 30 days to cancel a contract & before it is moved to PAYG. Did you use that PAYG SIM after those 30 days for making calls or texts in UK? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network before they can be used abroad. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)