cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to buy

angelasc80
Investigator
Investigator

I'm currently out of UK and had to change my smartphone, so I had to install WhatsApp and now I can't receive the 6 digits code to go on with the installation. I've topped up 10 in credits and want to use it to buy an add on, but neither the EE app nor the website are working, there's a message saying that's an issue that will soon get fixed. As you can see, it's very urgent, because I'm not able to communicate without buying the add ons. Can someone please help me asap? Thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @angelasc80 

Was your PAYG sim used in the UK before you went abroad. 

When was the last time you made a chargeable call or text on your PAYG account. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi there!

Thanks for the kick reply. 

Yes, I've been using it for 4 years in UK. 

The last time I made a chargeable text was a month ago.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks a lot

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @angelasc80 

Could you try searching for a different network carrier to see if you can receive those codes?

Chris

Hello

I did it, unsuccessfully. The problem is with EE system. Have a look at the screenshot, please. Thanks 

Screenshot_20240406-060058~3.png

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where are you?

Why do you need to buy an add-on? Receiving texts are free world wide.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You do not need add-ons to receive a text message abroad, what you need is a connection to a mobile network - this is called roaming.

Have you used this phone abroad previously? Does the phone show a mobile network connection?

If no to both the above questions - did you use this PAYG phone in the UK before travelling abroad?