cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up Abroad

ALF1998
Visitor

My contract expired today and I was expecting to have my account transferred to a "Pay As you Go" system but now I find I am unable to top up and unable to call or text anyone. 

I am on a long trip in Canada so I am unable to go into a branch. If anyone has any advice it would be a huge help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @ALF1998 ,

Welcome to the community, 

If you need to top up, here is the link, which should work:

https://ee.co.uk/bills-payments/mobile/fast-payment-payg

When changing from contract to pay as you go, you first need to use your SIM card in the UK, otherwise it will not work, even if you used it previously on contract, so then it will not otherwise work.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @ALF1998 ,

Welcome to the community, 

If you need to top up, here is the link, which should work:

https://ee.co.uk/bills-payments/mobile/fast-payment-payg

When changing from contract to pay as you go, you first need to use your SIM card in the UK, otherwise it will not work, even if you used it previously on contract, so then it will not otherwise work.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

To expand on the point made in the previous post, all new PAYG SIMs need to be activated in the UK first, before they will work abroad. This includes migrations from pay-monthly.

If this applies to you, then your SIM will not now work until you return to the UK and use it on EE's home network - at which point international roaming is automatically activated.