cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Monthly to PAYG

jules7316
Contributor
Contributor

Had been on monthly SIM only but month ago I decided I wanted to go to PAYG.  Waiting period was up on Tuesday, so I topped up PAYG £10 and then called to set up a £10 sub pack.  Was persuaded to take another monthly one.  Changed my mind over night and called "Help" to cancel.  Very nice guy sorted and PAYG appeared on my account but he said it would be take 3 days or so to be fully sorted.  On Thursday PAYG had disappeared!  Called "Help" again and was assured it was going to be PAYG and confirmed it might take to Monday to fully sort.  Today my phone is dead because I did not have enough credit to call - no idea where my £10 has gone!!  Called "help" again but recorded message saying service is down.  Anyone any suggestions as to how to get my phone working again?  Nervous at topping up because it might set the monthly one going again.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Took a deep breath earlier and topped up by £10 and then did AL just now.  Says I have £9.40.  Not sure where the 60p went!!   PAYG mobile no doesn't show up in "My Account" only my data package.  Did try "add another number" but gave up when it said I had to take ID to an EE shop!!  Will just have to wait and hope the "help" number is working tomorrow!!   Glad I stuck with my bus pass and not gone contactless - I would have had to walk the 3 miles home!!

Well I decided to give 150 another go and found that if I pressed the option for technical support, I got to a real person who was not a sales person.   He was really, really helpful.  Explained that the money I had paid for the monthly contract would be recredit to my bank account, then credited with my payg with the 60p that had mysteriously disappear so I had £10 and then set up a £10 payg pack for me which I can make a subscription pack in a month's time.  Well done him.