cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim been deactivated , acpeting Top-up's . having to call but sim is deactivated

DanielSilva
Explorer

Been trying to reactivate my Sim . I top-up cause it says to top-up and use it to reactivate Sim .  when i try make a call cant, says i got not enough credit . when i just toped it up . i come to forums and tells me to call a number to get support . but im unable to . texting 150 and calling it wont work . and i got credit on my number .

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DanielSilva 

Thanks for coming here. 

How long ago was the SIM card last used for a chargeable call or text? 

If the account is in hibernation you would need to call us from any other phone, please see our What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? - The EE Community for more details 🙂

Leanne. 

DanielSilva
Explorer

Calling EE 150 or texting aint working since i can't make any calls or text . and its top up with 10£ . and i dont remember how long mainly got the number for authenticator processes like bank, email and other accounts . all associated to the number . and now having issues and cant solve them cause number not working .

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Sounds like your PAYG SIM has already gone into hibernation. Topping up now is too late.

When did you previously use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)