Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Card Payments

Lola82
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up recurring card payments to top up my phone (as you can save 10%), but every time I try the 'card authorisation' window that comes up doesn't actually work. I've had the same issue for months and I have tried different devices and web browsers but same issue everywhere. Called up EE this morning to have them add the card manually and they've charged me a £5 top up but the card is NOT on my bloody account!!

Anyone with the same issue who found a solution?

Thank you!!

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lola82 

Welcome to the community.

Were the Mobile Care team able to set up the recurring payment? Did they explain why there was a £5 charge?
Chris

The £5 charge was for a top up as apparently he couldn’t add the card to the system without putting a charge through. The card was added to my account after a second call with a different advisor but still no recurring payment set up which is incredibly frustrating

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm not sure what's causing this problem, but it sounds to me like there could be a problem with your phone account, @Lola82 

I can only suggest speaking to the Mobile Care team again so that they can look into this further.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you using a non-UK bank card?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

UK credit card

Can only use a local UK credit card to set up card payments?

@lorne4 : You could try others while giving a UK billing addy. Otherwise you'll need to call CS to register a foreign bank card.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)