cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollover not applied on PAYG

wieesfs99
Explorer

On a PAYG sim, with a £10 SP that had expired 6 days previously but there was 8GB remaining which should be rolled over into the next SP. The online page stated that if a SP was purchased within 1 day the 8GB would be rolled over (as there are 7 days allowed between end of the current SP and purchasing a new SP in order for data to be rolled over).

I had no current credit and not on automatic renewals. so selected Topup and was given options of SP to choose. I wanted more data so selected a £20 SP (50GB) and paid the £20 amount required. Received message payment not taken, went into account only to find that £20 payment had been taken and a £10 SP of 8GB purchased! (even though I had selected a £20 SP), with £10 now in credit.

Phoned up EE PAYG team who amended my account to now correctly have 50GB of data allowance and removed the £10 credit. However, the 8GB rollover was not added and I was told this was because i had to purchase a SP of the same amount. This is NOT correct. I have purchased SP's of differing amounts from one month to the next and the remaining data has always been rolled over. Further, nothing in the info states a SP of the same amount has to be purchased for data to be rolled over. 

I am now missing 8GB of data that should have been rolled over. How do I get this added to my account. Do I have to yet again contact EE PAYG team to get another issue fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting ROLLOVER to 150 report?

You can rollover between any eligible packs. Both the £10 & £20 packs are eligible.

@wieesfs99 wrote:

not on automatic renewals.

How was that achieved? Did you text STOP PACK to 150 after buying the 1st £10 pack? Maybe that interrupts the Rollover process, but nowt is said in the docs that it does.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No, I didn't do a STOP PACK after buying the 1st £10 pack. There is a serious flaw in the design of the online PAYG process which means that even though the system allows you to choose a new pack of any size and pay for it, the system just purchases the previous pack you had and puts the remaining amount on credit. That's a design flaw.

I had to phone up to get it amended to to the correct SP but the rollover hasn't been applied probably because the PAYG customer rep had to manually amend the system to the correct SP. Looks like I'm going to have to phone them back up to get it applied.