cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Packs

Nevets2
Explorer

How can I purchase a pay as you go roaming pack for France before my current one expires?

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Nevets2 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please see our Pay As You Go charges for roaming in the EU Help page for full details on using the pack in France 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne,

I understand the roaming charges and the costs as I have purchased them already.
My experience is that my roaming pack needs to expire before I can purchase another one and there is a delay in activating the new one.

I want to know how to purchase my next Roaming pack so that it rolls over with my next PAYG pack.

Cheers,
Steven McInnes
Sent from my iPad
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nevets2 

If you use up any of your allowances while abroad, you can buy a new Subscription Pack. Check you have enough credit and then text NOW to 150. We’ll remove your current Subscription Pack and replace it with a new one. Otherwise, you will be charged 70p a minute for calls and 30p a text and need to buy an EU data add-on (550MB for £3).

You’ll also receive a text to tell you when your Roam like Home add-on will expire

Leanne.

They are not really roaming packs as such but just normal UK packs that you may use in the EU when you buy a 1 or7 day roaming add-on.

You may buy another pack at any time & it will be held pending until your current pack expires.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Thanks Leanne,
I am unable to send any sms texts as my ee sim card is being used in a Netgear WiFi router which links to my mobile and if i send you an sms from my mobile it will come from my Australian Telstra account.
I am already on a rollover plan which will activate tomorrow - Saturday.
I am about to depart my current location in France and would like my Roaming pack to roll over as well which appears that i can’t do - what do you suggest please?

Cheers, Steven
Sent from my iPhone
Thanks - it should work like that but I havent been able to purchase a 7 day Roaming Add-on until the current one expires. Which is frustrating, because then I have to wait until my payment is accepted and the system re-activates me, usually a 2 hour delay.

Cheers, Steven
Sent from my iPhone

Oh, I think by "roaming pack" you mean a "Roam like Home" add-on. It's not a pack but an add-on.

It's the pack that you can buy early & leave pending but the "Roam like Home" add-on can only be bought when the previous 1 expires & you are auto texted to buy a new 1. This should be pretty immediate providing you have topped-up its cost well beforehand.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)