cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund from SIM issues

pluem
Investigator
Investigator

I would like to file a complaint and request an alternative solution for my issues. In early November, I encountered an issue with my EE number and sought assistance from the EE staff. After some discussion, they advised me to top up and charged me £10. However, I later discovered they had sent me a new SIM card with a new number. I requested a refund, and the staff assured me they initiated the process. Throughout the process, I has made a call to EE over 10 times but experienced bad manners and unreliable customer service.

On November 21st, I was informed that the cheque refund had been dispatched and should arrive in 2-3 days. However, after a week, I called again, and the staff stated that the refund was still processing. Later on the exactly same day, I called once more, only to learn that the refund had been rejected six days prior.

Now, not only I have been forced to lost £10 due to the staff’s mistake, but I’ve also wasted over half a month dealing with a subpar customer service experience from EE.

I would like to inquire if you can provide any alternative solutions or want to know if EE is genuinely this irresponsible toward its customers.

P.S.The issue isn’t related to the account that post this message, as I fear that EE will continue to be irresponsible regarding my problem because of this post. However, if the issues can be resolved, please contact me through this account.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@pluem  as I said you cannot have two Sim cards with the same number.  You need to speak with some customer services and ask them why you’ve been sent this new Sim card because it might have been sent as a replacement sim. 

What was the original issue on why you called customer services ? 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pluem  This is a public forum that has no access to your account information.  No one here knows who you are.  

if you received a new Sim card with a new number, you could’ve asked customer services to transfer the £10 that you topped up onto your new account ie the new number.  

But just to clarify was that sim sent as a replacement sim ?  If it was your original number should have been migrated to that new sim thus retaining your £10 top up.     You can not have 2 sims with the same number.  

And nothing will come from your complaint on here as this isn’t a place to make a formal complaint.  You can do that HERE 

So, first I thought that they will sent me a new SIM card, with a same number as a replacement. But instead, they sent me a new SIM card with a new number. So, now I have an old SIM card with my number and another unused SIM card (new number) which I don’t need.

@pluem  as I said you cannot have two Sim cards with the same number.  You need to speak with some customer services and ask them why you’ve been sent this new Sim card because it might have been sent as a replacement sim. 

What was the original issue on why you called customer services ? 

No, I mean right now I have 2 sim card (2 numbers)

A) a sim card with my own number

B) sim card with new number

As I said, at first I thought my sim card (A) has an issue so they sent me a new one and cancelled the old sim (A). But, I didn’t expected the new sim (B) to be a completely different number.

Btw, my original issue is that, for some reason, my phone can’t call out and use any data at all.

@pluem  it sounds like you’ve got sent a replacement Sim card,  Even a replacement Sim card has to have a number associated with it. Obviously this can not be your number as that would if cut you off.     

Do you still have this issue with your old sim ?   Are you still using it or are you using the new sim ? 

Since I received a new sim card and ask the customer service, which said that they made a mistake and will provide a refund (as cheque to my address), I haven’t fix my old SIM yet. I did try to contact the EE, but they still cannot solve anything.

The new SIM card also being in the package since I didn’t unpacked it due to the refund situation.

So, after 2 weeks with the customer service unable to resolve anything, and I being unable to used my phone and data, I already transfer my old number to another mobile courier. So, right now the only issue that is being left is the refunding the unused SIM card.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pluem 

To discuss the refund, please get back in touch with our pay as you go team and they will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.