cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating a Paygo SIM card that has not been used for 4 months.

Rois
Visitor

I have a PayGo account that is still active. I have Top Up credit on the account. I have been away from the UK for 4 months and do not currently have a pack. I will be traveling from Canada to Copenhagen shortly. Can I use the SIM in Copenhagen or do i have to be the UK to re initiate the SIM. Do I need to buy a pack before i arrive or when I arrive?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hey there, 

From what you’re saying, you should be absolutely fine. If it’s only been four months since your sim was last used then it’ll still be active. 

As a check, pop the sim into your device, let it connect to a Canadian network (Bell and Telus worked for me there) and send a text. That’s a chargeable activity to reset the timer when it comes to the account expiring through non-use. 

And you should be able to log in to your My EE account (if you’ve not set one up, just register) and buy the pack to allow you to use your phone in Denmark. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hey there, 

From what you’re saying, you should be absolutely fine. If it’s only been four months since your sim was last used then it’ll still be active. 

As a check, pop the sim into your device, let it connect to a Canadian network (Bell and Telus worked for me there) and send a text. That’s a chargeable activity to reset the timer when it comes to the account expiring through non-use. 

And you should be able to log in to your My EE account (if you’ve not set one up, just register) and buy the pack to allow you to use your phone in Denmark.