Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone call from EE

RITA_N
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I have just received a phone call from this number 01915161645 the person claimed that he is from EE sales and wanted to ask me about my pack. Then, I told him the pack I bought and what it includes and he said okay one of my colleagues will call you later. Is it a scam call?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @RITA_N 

Thanks for posting 🙂

This number is showing on our What numbers will EE partners call from?, Help page. 

If you would like to discuss your account, please give us a call on 150. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T

Hi there @RITA_N 

Thanks for posting 🙂

This number is showing on our What numbers will EE partners call from?, Help page. 

If you would like to discuss your account, please give us a call on 150. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

AntGamer1
Investigator
Investigator

I has an call from 01915161645 today and I did not pick up because my phone saying it was an Fraud

I know that not EE because why would EE call from an number that not even listed by them when I check this form saying what the number they call from

They only gotten half of the number Right > 01915 unless you find the number was never inside the list

James_B

Hi @AntGamer1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That was a genuine call from one of our selected partners. You can view the list of numbers here.

Hope this helps.

James

@AntGamer1 : That no. is in the list posted above. It is from the EE Partner, ResQ.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No is not Chrome and Firefox I enter the number in their find box and FIND 0/0 

I did view the list

NONE MATCHED up

THE NUMBER.png

To an 

NONE OF THEM MATCH UP to the number

Tell me where is the number in that LIST

THE NUMBER.png

Than TELL me where was that number in that List I even sign the numbers

Than why people on WHO-call-me has problems with the number

if this was an EE number why was people saying it was an Virgin mobile

BAD LIST.png

Why would EE Partner with Virginmedia mobile users  

other site saying an bad review

Where an user said is was with Virginmedia

https://www.telguarder.com/uk/number/01915161645 

How about you tell the the middle number which has

0191  >516<   1645

Where does the 516 goes

THE LIST.png

From EE team said is was from EE Partner, ResQ:

@AntGamer1 : Spaces within written phone nos. are insignificant; they don't count. The no. "01915161645" is the same as the "01915 161 645" no. in that list of EE direct partners, which in this case is a landline belonging to ResQ.

The individual parts of a no., like "516", have no special significance; they are just part of its routing thro' the telephone network. The only identifiable part of a phone no. is its dialling code at the beginning, in this case "0191" which identifies it as a Newcastle Upon Tyne  no. As per BT's official Phone Book:

Newcastle Upon Tyne

0191 Area Code

United Kingdom - Newcastle Upon Tyne                     Area Code

Dialling in the UK                                                                0191

Those "WhoCalledMe" sites on the Web are not particularly reliable & certainly less to be trusted than the actual site that owns or uses that no.

How can a landline such as this be identified as a Virgin mobile no. It just does not make sense.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)