cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Calls blocked on pay as you go

SAKahn
Visitor

I have had the same problem. The EE rules are incomprehensible. I'm in Australia, with ever increasing credit (only usable in the UK) and unable to even find where to purchase the 'roaming data add-on'. I'm stuck with EE for the moment due to banking issues but I can't wait to drop my PAYG and will never return. Absolutely - and deliberately - lacking in transparency. 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SAKahn : If you PAYG SIM is activated for roaming, by being previously used in UK, you should've received a Welcome msg on arrival offering the roaming data add-ons, which you could buy with your credit.

Had you used that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? To be used abroad EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@SAKahn wrote:

I'm in Australia, with ever increasing credit (only usable in the UK)

PAYG is a credit-based system where you can only spend the balance you have - if this were so, then no users would ever be able to use their phone in Australia.

Your UK add-ons are not applicable outside the EU, but it's your credit balance that you will be spending anytime you make/receive a call, send a text message or use mobile data.

All UK operators have similar rules, albeit in different countries. As per the previous post, your issue is likely an activation one and nothing to do with your lack of credit.