cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay As You Go SIM Safe Search

Bleach
Investigator
Investigator

I visited an EE store today in order to buy a Pay As you go Sim for my TP Link Mifi . I asked the shop assistant to remove any age related restrictions on my sim/account.  I am now using the SIM but Safe Search is enabled and can not be changed on my iPad/iPhone. How do i get the SIM to remove age related restrictions. It’s a 30 mile trip to the  EE store.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18. Alternatively you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

you didn’t read my question -  i  was in an EE store … 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bleach 

Sorry to hear that the content lock wasn't removed when you asked it to be.

The two options that @XRaySpeX outlined are the options for you to remove the content lock. If you have a credit card, you can call to get it removed.

Chris

1. I did!
  2. I gave you an alternative to an EE Store if you have a credit card.
  3. The EE Store should have removed Contact Lock if you showed them suitable ID proving you were over 18.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

‘ Suitable ID ‘,- Im 67!  ,  so visually older than 18, the  shop assistant should have done what I asked  - I do not own a Credit Card .. so what do i do now?

@Bleach   Safe search by Google has nothing to do with EE and you can change that yourself.  

IMG_1159.jpeg

content lock is an age related restriction on EE accounts to block inappropriate content to under 18s.  

So is it safe search or content lock ?  

It don’t know , thd message says ‘ you cannt change your safdcsearch settings at the moment because someone else like a parent, administrator controls settings on yoyr network ….  this only happens when i’m using an EE pay as you go  sim