Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG roaming Australia

Ja148
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All,

I have a payg sim and I can’t seem to text in Australia, I used the phone in Uk. Do I need a certain amount of credit on the account for roaming to work?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your phone show a connection to any Australian networks? Can you make or receive calls OK?

What happens when you try sending a text message?

When I try to call message says incorrect number. When I text says unable to send.

I am connected to Optus network.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

What is the response from texting BALANCE to 150?

Your current balance as of today 16:41 is £5.00. You have unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 193.7GB remaining until 11/01/2024 for your £20 Pack. Your remaining data includes 50.0GB of rolled over data. Your last top up was £5.00 on 22/12/2023 at 00:29. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to the EE app or ee.co.uk

For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Is the same issue apparent on the other Australian networks?

Your packs won't be applicable outside the EU.

The other networks don’t connect. 
Can I change my pack? 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Ja148 

Are you adding+44 to the numbers/text messages.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

There's no point! Packs are of no use outside EU.

As it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual UK allowances there but will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/roaming-costs/countries/australia > PAYG.

So you would need PAYG credit to use your phone there but with £5 credit you would seem to have enough.

There is no issue with roaming not being activated as text to 150 is working.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)