cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in, can't use add-on

Ghostly88
Investigator
Investigator

I have £10 add-on that says "waiting" and I can't activate, tried all your solutions. I try to log in with my phone number and it says "field required" or that my number isn't a real number when it is. I don't think it's meant to be haha try new network tomorrow, thanks

Screenshot_20231221-003120.jpg

Screenshot_20231221-003937.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ghostly88 : Try texting NOW to 150.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I tried that many times and says I don't have a pack while it also says that I'm waiting on a pack so I don't understand either. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Ghostly88

Is this a new EE pay as you go SIM?

Katie 

Yes I believe so, I bought a SIM at Morrisons that cost £1 but it says £10 on it so I put the SIM in and then bought a pack instantly of the internet which cost me £10 and since then it says "waiting".

Thank you Katie for reply

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Ghostly88

When you put your SIM into your phone does it show you are connected to the EE network?

Katie

It shows that I can connect to the EE WiFi network and I connected to it to log in but it tells me my phone number either doesn't exist or there's an invisible field says it's required but no check box.

I'm going to a local EE shop now to see if it can be sorted and if not maybe I can try signing in through my laptop. I'll reply if it gets resolved, thank you for the time.

It cost £1 in the shop but have you actually spent £10 on it later? If so, how did you top-up that £10?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So I don't know if it's a glitch in the system but my bank statements can prove it too

I paid £10 for the package and then I had to pay another £10 as a top up to activate the £10 I already bought. So in total, it cost £20 to activate the £10 package.

So the solution would be that there is practically an entry fee, almost like deposit. So if anyone's package says waiting, you need to spend that same amount but as a TOP-UP. I always solve my own issues, call me megamind haha and I'm also guessing that following months now will only cost £10 each month. Ultimately I am happy because I just need data and £20 is £20, doesn't bother me.

Alternatively if you don't want to spend another £10 then I believe you can ring technical support and just say your package is stuck on waiting, with enough info they should be able to force the package to activate. Maybe like your way through it and act dumb, they'll force activate it. Peace y'all