cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved abroad: keeping mobile numbers on pay as you go

Dornfield
Visitor

I have three mobile numbers on a 'family plan', and have recently (27th Dec 2022) moved to New Zealand for 14 months. We closed our account and were advised that in order to keep the numbers, we needed to use them at least once every three months. But I have not deposited any funds in 'pay as you go' accounts and so I'm not sure how to allow me to make those calls/ messages. Does EE have an online chat that I can use to arrange this? I have only found a phone number, and I'm not keep to phone from New Zealand on my NZ mobile to try to arrange this (having funds assigned to a pay as you go account for each of the three numbers: wife, daughter and me).

Any advice on an online chat facility that I could use from NZ?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It takes 30 days to cancel a contract & before it is moved to PAYG. Did you use that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network before they can be used abroad. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

There is no Live Chat for PAYG. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)