cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number not recognised

Freskyn
Investigator
Investigator

I have been abroad and want to re -activate my mobile number. But I am being told it is not recognised, but definitley an EE number as have sim card.  Any suggestions as to how to contact someone to advise ?  I have not found an address to write to and an get no further with trying to log in on contact number.  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Freskyn  When did you last use this SIM card ?   PAYG sims if not used for 3 months go in to hibernation you then get another 3 months to call customer services to get it reactivated if it’s gone over this time frame then unfortunately it’s not possible to get this activated.  The number will be gone for good as networks assume you are no longer needing to use this so the number gets recycled.

Many thanks.  That is what I feared might have happened.. I think I still had some credit so will ask about that. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx: xxxx (x) xxx xx xx xx

@Freskyn : Once a PAYG no. has been deactivated thro' lack of use any remaining credit is lost too. That's part of the T&C's you accepted when you took it out.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you.  That is very helpful.  Ian.
xxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx: xxxx (x) xxx xx xx xx

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]