cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message warning saying running out of texts

Marko15
Explorer

I have recently had polite EE text messages telling me that I'm running out of texts, and would I like to buy an add-on pack. It was a bit of a surprise to receive this warning as I had saved up numerous reserve texts, courtesy to successive boosts. Then today (27.11.23) I received another such text which told me I had 5 texts left. I used one of these, and the next message I received from EE was that I had no texts left! Forgive me, but 5 - 1 does not equal 0! Could someone please explain to me what might be happening here. I'm sure there is a prefectly innocent explanation but I would still be interested to know what it might be! Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Marko15,

How long was the text? Text messages have a maximum length of 160 characters (spaces included, and emojis count as multiple characters). If it was longer than 160 then the likelihood is it was sent as multiple messages to the recipient.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Marko15 : What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Marko15,

How long was the text? Text messages have a maximum length of 160 characters (spaces included, and emojis count as multiple characters). If it was longer than 160 then the likelihood is it was sent as multiple messages to the recipient.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
Thanks for mentioning this. I’ll look into it. I suspect the texts I send for allowance checks, etc are not free! Thanks again.
Marko

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Thanks very much for your reply Alex. I think what you’ve said is actually the cause of the issue and it is good to have this explained and clarified. Thanks again!
Marko

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>