cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping mobile number

robfearnley
Investigator
Investigator

I have inserted a PAYG sim in my phone. I want to keep my old number from my Orange/T-Mobile sim. I have been unable to find any instructions as to how to do it. The ee website is a nightmare. Is there some of doing what I want or would I be better going to vodafone?

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Get your PAC from your current network & once you've got your EE SIM give the PAC to EE using Fill out this quick form to transfer your number .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks. I got a PAC yesterday, but ee won't accept it.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @robfearnley,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

How did you order your SIM?

Was your old plan Orange, T-Mobile or an EE 3G plan?

James

Thanks, James. Ordered the sim over the internet. Came with a new phone number. My old number was originally with Orange, which changed to T-mobile. All I want to do is to transfer over my old number with my credit and my contacts. I can't understand why ee makes it so difficult to do that.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @robfearnley

When the Orange brand was phased out, plans were switched to EE, rather than T-Mobile so you may already be setup with an EE account.

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care on 150 who should be able to move your number internally without the need for a PAC code.

James