cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I topped up but there's no service

kb9
Contributor
Contributor

I topped up my phone yesterday so it would automatically renew as usual, however, for some reason, it is not working and has not renewed. Why? My account is asking me to top up even though my account shows that I have credit. Why didn't the automatic top up work this time?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kb9  Try restarting your device. 

Thus was already done and I tried it again. It didn't and hasn't worked.

Who can I contact in EE to resolve this issue. I ha e credit but it isn't being used as it should  be. Seems like a glitch in the system as this has never happened before.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Can you text AL to 150, @kb9?

What response do you get?

Jon

I ended up on the chat for far too long which then crashed 2 times - a good 2.5hrs spent over Easter day. Not great EE. The call didn't work the times I called because there was a glitch and options were stuck in a loop. After both chats crashed, I tried calling a fifth time and the calling system finally worked. It's now partly resolved but not fully. Sounds like EE has not notified me that subscriptions have changed and therefore instead of notifying their customers, they just cut them off, even though the customer tops up. Basically the message that says it will automatically renew is untrue when EE suddenly decide to delete your subscription without notifying you first. I was told that it wasn't unusual. The lines manager is apparently going to get in contact with me, but let's see if that's true. Really bad experience and not a great way to spend time on Easter in waking to no service on the phone, having been cut off from the service without any notification, and then trying to regain a connection to my family and friends overseas, who were also wondering if I was ok because planned calls couldn't be made. So much unnecessary confusion, worry and frustration affecting me and others, due to the lack of customer care from EE. A communication company that lacks healthy communication. 

saadishfaq880
Visitor

Same is happening to me

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @saadishfaq880 

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Chris