Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-activate a disabled number?

NathanC02
Investigator
Investigator

Hello!

I have been trying for the past month or longer to use my EE Phone number but at random without warning it just stopped receiving calls and texts upon calling my EE number using another sim card and phone it says "Sorry calls are not currently being connected to this number".

My EE number is kind of critical as a lot of my accounts are setup to send a login verification code to my EE number does anybody know how I can re-active and/or fix my issue with receiving messages and calls? 

(it's not the phone I have tried it in multiple phones android and iPhones)

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
NathanC02
Investigator
Investigator

to add It states when fully disabled like mine currently is the top-up credit will be wiped... I still have my £10 credit on my account.

NathanC02
Investigator
Investigator

to add I also still get 3-4 bars and my £10 credit is still available even though the hibernation page states it'll be removed.

Well, if you think it's still live then call CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

If the number is fully lost would it still be able to make calls to certain numbers? 

For some odd reason my EE number is able to call my brothers phone yet can't send texts or receive them and when he tries to ring my EE number it gives me the "calls are not being connected" message.

You said earlier:

@NathanC02 wrote:

And I can't ring any number when I try to it just dials then instantly hangs up 

@NathanC02 wrote:

also tried making calls and texting different numbers as well as "150". Nothing seems to work.

Now you say you can make a call.

Call CS!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)