Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-activate a disabled number?

NathanC02
Investigator
Investigator

Hello!

I have been trying for the past month or longer to use my EE Phone number but at random without warning it just stopped receiving calls and texts upon calling my EE number using another sim card and phone it says "Sorry calls are not currently being connected to this number".

My EE number is kind of critical as a lot of my accounts are setup to send a login verification code to my EE number does anybody know how I can re-active and/or fix my issue with receiving messages and calls? 

(it's not the phone I have tried it in multiple phones android and iPhones)

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it on contract or PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

PAYG. And I can't ring any number when I try to it just dials then instantly hangs up I have tried the "start conversation" method as well to get help from the EE team but It has not appeared for the past 2 hours almost.

@NathanC02 : Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I recently topped it up last month or possibly the month before with £10 I also tried buying a pack but it just sends me to a page that says...

PREPAID PACKS ERROR

We're working on fixing this page. In the meantime, find help at ee.co.uk/help

it has been like that for over a month I have tried it with multiple packs as well also tried making calls and texting different numbers as well as "150". Nothing seems to work.

NathanC02
Investigator
Investigator

it says the same thing for addons 

ADDONS PURCHASE ERROR

We're working on fixing this page. In the meantime, find help at ee.co.uk/help

It probably went into hibernation before that. When was it that that PAYG SIM last actually worked & could make call & texts & use data? When before that did you make a chargeable action?

I haven't actually made a call or text since 2021 maybe before then but I have used it to answer calls from work and other people I am not sure if that'll count. My phone number has been placed into hibernation before but back when that happened it seemed a lot easier to get working again this time is a whole different thing.

The number itself though has been active for a good few years now.

You've left it too long! Now you've lost it completely.

Is there not a way to get it back? Every phone I plug it into still displays the number and provider.