cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I contact EE for help. Email would be the best if possible.

MustardC
Contributor
Contributor

I can't get into my PayPal account as it is trying to send a 2FA to my EE number. My EE nuumber is either paused or disabled. I just added £5 of credit and got a txt saying it was applied. I can't send or receive a txt. Send or receive a call. I tried to call the help line from another phone, it asked me to enter the number I wish to discuss, then tells me it isn't in the list.

I appear to be completely locked out of paypal and EE. Mint.

Any ideas appreciated,

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MustardC : EE provide no email contact.

Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

PayPal ought to have a way to change your mobile contact no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
MustardC
Contributor
Contributor

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? Tbh I thought it was in the last six months, I assume it wasn't. My fault and more that happy to accept that I am an idiot, yes I am an idiot becasue I have done it before so I should know better. But the lack of ways to fix it is a farce. I found a complaint Email so I have tried that. Even then it asked for an account number, and that doesn't seem to appear any place that I can see. Not even in my profile.

PayPal has a number to ring, what I didn't want to happen was I sort it that way and then EE enable the number, I have no idea if it is on a delay/queue.

My complaint is that it is a bit off that the number is paused, I need to re-enable it etc, but they are more than happy to take cash off me on that number! They could at least re-enable it or reject the top up until it is re-enabled.

Thanks for the reply though.

Btw, that was still a useful reply. In my head I was convinced it was 12 Months n 6th Months. I am now thinking that it may have gone past 9 months. Would EE apply a top up to a SIM that has a number that has been removed? They sent me a txt and that landed, suggests it is still attached to the SIM.

Clutching at straws now.

Thanks again.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MustardC 

To get the account looked into and see if this can be reactivated you would need to get in touch with our mobile care team. 

For contact details please see our Contact us about your mobile phone (ee.co.uk) page. 

Leanne 🙂

You can change your contact nos. in your online PayPal a/c. Login to it & under its Settings > A/C Profile you'll see your Phone numbers which you can Change.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

That is my issue. I can't login to Paypal as it is trying to send a code to me EE number, and that code isn't landing. Only alternative is Whatsapp, uses the same EE number and then ring them from another number. As I said I waiting to do that as a last resort. Be simpler if I can get this EE number back up and running. I think.

PayPal is as bad tbh, I need Email n Password and now a 6 digit code to login, but I can buy stuff via PayPal and they are more than happy to take my money. Know what I mean!?

Thanks. Our team are on hand to help with any tech queries you might have. I'll just pass you over to them.

To connect to the support team please call 150 from your EE mobile to speak to our team. Or you can call 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

Unfortunately our messaging service is no longer available for this topic.

If there's anything else you need help with, please just let us know

Otherwise please feel free to close this conversation

07953 966 250 takes me to the same press1 press1 press1, enter phone number, sorry that isn't in my list.

Leanne thanks for the reply,

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MustardC 

Please call us and the team will get this looked into for you and let you know if the account can be reactivated. 

Leanne 🙂

Sorry, been away from PC all week. Yeah I already tried to ring all the numbers, all of them ended in "tell us the number you wish to discuss" (or something like that) I put the number in and it tells me the number isn't in the list. I never got a reply via my complaint either. I think I will end up ringing PayPal, see if I can change my phone number, sack EE off and loose the £5 credit I put on.

This shouldn't be this complicated. If I put credit on a (paused) number, and I get a response on that number, then that number should be up and running. No reason I can see to take cash off someone onto a disabled number nor take cash and not re-enable a paused number.