cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE are not renewing my weekly £1 pack

JojoUK1
Investigator
Investigator

Saturday morning my usual £1 pack was due to restart.  I got a text saying please top up.  I had topped up.  I phoned 150.  The guy said he'd added it manually.  I made a call and was charged.  I tried to call again but kept getting hung up on.  I got through today, Sunday.  The guy said that ee don't do the weekly plan anymore.  I said that I hadn't heard anything about that and I'm not happy.  I was nice enough to him, being the messenger.  He asked me what he could do and suggested putting me on a monthly plan.  I said I need something doing for now so that would work for now as there was nothing else he could suggest.  Anyway where do I stand?  Surely they can't just take my built up boosts from me. I had 125 minutes, 135 texts and 1010mb of data per week.  What he has now given me for 1 month is 360 minutes, 675 texts and 1.2G of data.  What are my rights here?  This hardly seems fair at all.  I built that up over years and years.  Thank you for your time 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just for clarity I did have a balance of £5.19 before all of this.  He credited my account due to me asking for something for being hours on the phone.  He sorted the 60p that had come out of my account for one call I'd made and one text.  Then he used my original £5 to pay for the first month, hence why I'm now at £10.19 and he said that would keep me going for 3 months.  But I was on 1g a week so I am not happy or sure where I stand.Thank you 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't loose your existing free Boosts in moving from a legacy PAYG pack to a current 30-day PAYG pack.

However what he says he has now given you does not correspond to any known pack. How much does he say it costs? You sure he hasn't transferred you to a monthly contract with a min. term?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for your reply.  No I'm sure he said it would change to a monthly pack.  There were loads of boosts added after he first did it. This is my latest Bal query 

Your current balance as of today 09:53 is £10.19. You have 360 minutes, 575 texts and 1.2GB remaining until 18/10/2023 for your £5 Pack. Your remaining data includes of rolled over data. Your last top up was £10.00 on 17/09/2023 at 09:42. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to the My EE app or ee.co.uk/MyEE

For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices

Thank you again and I am keen to know where I stand.  

Just for clarity I did have a balance of £5.19 before all of this.  He credited my account due to me asking for something for being hours on the phone.  He sorted the 60p that had come out of my account for one call I'd made and one text.  Then he used my original £5 to pay for the first month, hence why I'm now at £10.19 and he said that would keep me going for 3 months.  But I was on 1g a week so I am not happy or sure where I stand.Thank you 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JojoUK1 

To get the boosts looked into please give us another call on 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.

What exactly should I be getting though?

As I mentioned I was on over 4g a month previously, if you take into account what I was getting weekly.  They have taken away 75% of my data and are charging me more.

What should I be entitled to?  If it's only 1g a month then that is a huge rip off.

I'm still non the wiser and have spent hours on the phone this weekend and hung up on several times after waiting ages.  Hence why I came here.  Once everything is clear for me I can again ring them and be clear in what I expect as they aren't getting it right on any occasion.

Thank you for your time 

Leanne_T

Hi @JojoUK1 

To check what boosts you had previously and what you should have in total with the pack you have been given you would need to call us so the team can check the account history and let you know. 

Leanne.

Thank you for your reply.  I know what I was getting weekly, I have stated this.  But what I am trying to understand is whether what I was getting weekly I should now be getting monthly, meaning 4x1010?  Or whether they will try and give me my usual weekly plan, which I built up over a very long time, monthly.  That's my question before I go and spend a lot more time on hold.  Thank you 

Leanne_T

Hi @JojoUK1 

Sorry to answer this you would need to call us so the team can see what has been changed, which pack you have and how much data will be included. 

Leanne.

As I mentioned I know what my weekly allowance was on my weekly plan it was 1010mb a week.  What I want to know is, hypothetically if you prefer, if I was getting 1010mb per week, now that I am on a monthly pack (which I never wanted and am upset about) should I be getting 4x my weekly allowance or 1x?  I feel like I am getting nowhere.  I spent hours on hold so I just wanted clarity from your team, especially as the people I speak to on the phone have got things so wrong.  This is enough to just make me look for another provider and just get my number swapped over but I've invested years into building my pack and I'm stuck with a quarter of what I'd get from other service providers and am getting nowhere here