cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costs for Making calls in Switzerland

philmeup
Visitor

Hello 

I'm trying to understand what calls/texts will cost when I'm in Switzerland next week. I will mainly be calling my wife and children who will be with me and are with EE on a monthly subscription deal. I've searched the EE Web site but I'm still confused. 

I have a pay as you go phone with no add ons or subscriptions. From what I can see its 70p a minute per call and 30p for texts within the EU without an add-on but do I need to pay anything extra to enable me to use the phone abroad? I tried to check this on my phone but EE sent a message suggesting I "need to buy a 500MB data add-on for £3 " but I don't really need data access.

A few years ago I bought a £10 add from EE for calls/texts/data when I last went to Switzerland which was very straightforward. However if I do that now it seems that I would have to pay an extra £10 to allow me to access the add on while I'm abroad (for the roam like home option).

Thanks for any help/explaination of this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

W/out an active pack it costs 70p a minute and 30p a text to use your device in the EE Europe zone. You need pay nowt more. If you don't need to use data then you don't buy any data add-on.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

W/out an active pack it costs 70p a minute and 30p a text to use your device in the EE Europe zone. You need pay nowt more. If you don't need to use data then you don't buy any data add-on.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)