cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t top up problem with payer authentication

SH160
Explorer

I’m currently trying to top up with my own country’s Mastercard.  The same card was able to top up EE account a month ago with no issues.  However, now the payer authentication part is blank, and it doesn’t even have my bank’s authentication information loaded.  My bank didn’t even get a prompt for authentication (my bank uses app authentication).  I’ve tried logging in to top up and I’ve tried fast top up without logging in.  None of the payer authentication is working.  Is there something wrong with the system?   

IMG_5973.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @SH160

Welcome to the community.

International credit and debit cards are accepted by EE. 

Is it possible you have another card you could try?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hello,

I topped up using my husband’s UK bank card which didn’t ask for additional payer authentication.  But my international bank card still cannot top up because the additional payer authentication does not load.  

James_B
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that your still having problems using your international card, @SH160 

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care on 150 to see if they can register the card to your account.

James

To pay by a foreign bank card you need to call CS. Online doesn't accept them.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)