cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect from abroad with pay as you go

IT7
Investigator
Investigator

I can't connect with EE from Brazil although I've got credit .... 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@IT7 : Your PAYG SIM has probably gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action before today's top-up? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
IT7
Investigator
Investigator

Hi dear people. To understand what’s going on, I previously wrote a quick story which I’m copying here. I’ve been a customer since 2017 and I used to have a direct debit account with EE with broadband etc. Since 2020 I’ve been spending longer periods in Brazil and only about a month or so in London. Because of that I became a pay as you go customer in 2020. The thing is, at the moment I haven’t been able to send texts, check my credit or top up and I really need to keep my number as I still do business there. I still have a British bank account as well as an address in England. Not long ago I had some trouble topping up but a nice and patient member of EE's staff managed to help me through live chat and I know I’ve got about £30 credit. I only started having this problem since I came back to Brazil last July, never before. I’ve got 2 chips (one English and one Brazilian). I’ve been to a Brazilian shop to check if something was going wrong with my phone and they concluded that everything is fine with it. I came to the conclusion that there is something going wrong with my connection with EE. I don’t need roaming to just text and to keep my number, do I? I’ve been trying the live chat but I can’t access it anymore and I don't know why. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot, Luiz ************.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details such as your full name, as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

@IT7 : Your PAYG SIM has probably gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action before today's top-up? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi and thanks for replying. I used it for a chargeable action on the 21st
of June 2013. After that I still managed to top it up with the help of a
member of EE's staff via live chat. Then I tried to call and send texts
with no success. I can't even access the add-on or the live chat. So, I'm
lost and worried.

--
Ife

That's about 6 months. It'll gone into hibernation. You need to call CS to get it released.

Unhelpfully EE still allows you to top-up once it's in hibernation.

Thanks again and sorry for my ignorance .... Is CS (Customer Service?) ..
and would +447953 966250 be the right number? Would it be a cheaper way of
getting in touch with EE as I'm in Brazil? Huge thanks again.

--
Ife Tolentino
www.ifetolentino.com

Yes, CS = Customer Service.

I don't use mobile nos. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

Thanks a lot again. I'll try that. Cheers.

Hi and thanks. The last time I topped up was on 28/09/2023. A  patient member of the EE staff managed to activate it as I couldn't. I've got £30 credit and the guy said I would have 6 more months to make a chargeable action which I tried several times with no success. I couldn't reach the live chat anymore either. Today I asked an English friend to send me a text message and it came through straight away. I think it means it's active. When I tried to answer, the same problem ... it didn't go through. Does anybody have the EE Skype number ?.... or have an idea of how I could sort this out?  Why is it so difficult to reach EE and solve it once and for all? Thanks a lot again.

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.