cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t buy a pack with top up credit

Neziak
Investigator
Investigator

Is there a problem with the EE back end today?

I topped up my account with £30 credit and tried to buy the £30 / 100GB Pay as you Go pack. Both the website and the mobile app says that the purchase cannot be completed at the moment and I have not been charged. 

if so when will it be back up and running? If not, please help. 

15 REPLIES 15
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Neziak

Welcome to the community.

I'm not aware of any problems with our top up service today. Are you able to top up through the fast payment service?

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Neziak : What does texting AL to 150 from it fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I just topped up using a credit card and now have £30 of credit but can't use that credit to buy a pack via the website or the app.

I tried to call customer service however, as I am abroad (in Malta), I get a recorded message saying the "calls from this number has been suspended, therefore this call cannot be completed".

I tried to text "pack" to 150 but texts do not send even though the network is showing 4 bars of signal strength.

I want to have the card active before I get to the UK. The last time I used the card was about 23 months ago when we last visited.

@Neziak wrote:

The last time I used the card was about 23 months ago when we last visited.

Sorry, that SIM & no. are long gone. EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

If the number is long gone, why did EE still take my £30 from my credit card today to top up a long gone account? Surely it would be more honest to put up an error message to say that the account can't be topped up?

Furthermore, the confirmation email is damn right fraudulent because my money has been taken and I cannot use it in whatever way:

"Thanks for topping up.

Just to let you know that your recent top up has gone through and you can start using it straight away."

CUSTOMER SERVICES - Please refund my top up or reactivate my SIM card so that I can use the credit.

This is not CS. You'll need to phone them.

TO CUSTOMER SERVICES - Further to my last message below are screenshots to show that you took my payment today, then send me an email inviting me to use the credit, when I am being told that it cannot be used. I have blanked out the phone number and email address for privacy but please PM me for further details.

Please either refund me or reactivate my account. As my account still has a phone number on it, I assume the number has not been taken.

Here is evidence that you took my payment todayHere is evidence that you took my payment todayHere is the email confirmation inviting me to use the credit. How do I use it?Here is the email confirmation inviting me to use the credit. How do I use it?

@Neziak : Your msg will not be received at CS, only by your peer users on this user discussion board.

@XRaySpeX thank you. I will call them for a refund?

For future reference, how do I know whether the SIM has been lost before topping up? 

I put the SIM in my phone, it shows the network with 4 bars. I can log into EE app and online and I am able to top up using my credit card. It is only when I try to use the credit that I get an error message saying please try again later. At what point should I have known not to top up? At what point was it going to tell me that my SIM and number are lost?