cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal App & Website layout.. All I want to do is add an add on....

Riconline
Investigator
Investigator

This is the second time I've had to visit the community section to try and perform one of the most simplest of tasks and add an add on to my PAYG number. 

I started from the app at 3pm and its now 3.45pm and I'm still messing around struggling to locate the function on the app and the website. I've tried two different devices and all I've gotten is a headache from trying to work my way around it. 

You use the app, it tells you that the action must be completed via the website, so you're redirected to the website. A page loads up showing my accounts to which I would usually click on see full usage and then be given the option to add an add on. It's not there anymore and I'll im shown is the usage for me other account used as data only. 

I've looked everywhere, Ive clicked on plans and subscriptions, ''manage account'', tried to look for the ''menu'' , tried to look for anywhere that says ''add ons'' at this point but nothing. The closest I got was for my other account which is on a rollover contract and is solely used for data. There is a section which says ''Do More'' and get add ons.... but this is not where i want to add one. I want to add it to my PAYG number which doesn't even appear in the services I have with EE.

Can someone please let me know how I can carry out this simple task?

I'm guessing EE makes it difficult for PAYG users because they aren't contracted / heavy spenders. Truth of the matter is , I am not inclined to opt for any other services with EE until they sort out the website and the features. 

If you're going to support an app, please make sure the app can execute customers requests and can make our lives easier not the other way around. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Riconline : Look at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when not connected to WiFi to see what data add-ons are available.

Or Text ADD DATA to 150 & select one.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi XRaySpeX,

Thank you for replying. The first option didnt work as I don't have another method of connecting. I am connected to a 4G sim in a router. 

I'm trying to add minutes however. What would I need to text for me to add a minutes add on?

Thanks,

Eric

Text ADD MINS to 150 & select one. Won't it be cheaper to buy a pack?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

In your online MyEE: Home > Plans & Subs > View add-ons > Everything else > Choose.

I've just texted ADD MINS as I want to add some minutes onto my PAYG number although haven't received a confirmation text yet. To be honest I'm not really feeling like buying anything extra from EE given the performance on the app and website. I have a PAYG number I use which is where I would like the add on to be but for some reason EE seems to prefer my rollover contract I have solely for data and tries to forget  about my PAYG number. 

All I want is a days worth of minutes on my PAYG number. And I'm still waiting for a confirmation text as I conclude this email...

The company I need to call is probably wrapping up for the day and I'm here trying to add some minutes for the past hour...

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

I don't have that feature. I only have it for my second number which isn't used as a normal sim. Its for data only. I need the add on to go onto my PAYG number.....

I get my balance and for more info on packs, add ons or boosts go to the EE app or ee.co.uk (Two places I'm staying well away from if you ask me)

I texted 100 MINS DAY  to 150 and didnt get anything back. I topped up a small amount about an hour ago before the fiasco began and the add on only  costs £1 however having no luck. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Riconline 

When you text ADD MINS to 150, what options are you given?
Chris