cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad, sim only to pay as you go

LauraD21
Explorer

I have moved to Australia and was told to change my sim only to a pay as you go so I could keep my number without having to continue paying for the contract.

It has switched but I have no means to top up my sim. I have tried calling 150 and the international number and they both say they're barred. I cannot do it on the app as it says I have to call up to link the sim. I also can't seem to find a way to live chat with someone. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LauraD21 : It takes 30 days to cancel a contract & before it is moved to PAYG. Had you used that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network before they can be used abroad. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I told them that I would already be in aus when the sim transferred and they said that it would be fine. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LauraD21

Welcome to the community.

@XRaySpeX is right, we recommend being in the UK using the EE home network when moving to Pay As You Go. 

Will you be returning to the UK anytime soon?

Katie