cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restriction code unlocking

Oliver56
Visitor

Hi  I need to obtain unlock code as my old Nokia 6301 is locked to Orange and wont accept the new EE

SIM that I have been sent any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Oliver56 : You can just apply for unlocking by using the Unlocking your device form and giving its IMEI no., which you can obtain be dialling *#06# into its keypad.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have same issue for my mothers phone - as the Restricted code comes up as soon as switch the handset back on, it will not accept the *#06# at all to find the IMEI … any other tips?  

@Maglyn  You enter the *#06# on the dial keypad.   All devices are programmed to understand that short code.  

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Oliver56 if your device is locked orange, it might be worth considering purchasing a new device as 3G is going to be switched off. Orange never sold 4G devices. 

Thanks Chris, strangely it just won’t accept it!  Like @Oliver56  it’s an Orange purchased 3510 (and yes working on getting her a 4G with keyboard as refuses to use smartphones but can’t currently until she is well enough to choose her own). 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Maglyn,

What happens when you enter code into the dialler?

Have you tried pressing the call button after entering it?

James

Have same problem with Nokia 6303, orginally from Orange.

Unlocking Device form gives me a "client side exception error" when I enter the IMEI and press the "valiadate" button.

The 4 digit PIN that was on the letter with the SIM does not unlock it.

I tried entering the 8-digit PUK that came with the SIM and it does not help, the phone says "Code error".

I followed the instructions in the letter and received a one-time activation code for the SIM (6 digits) which does not work either.

Why does the letter not explain properly what to do with an ex-Orange phone? There must be thousands still in use. What do I do now? I have been to the local shop recently and they just told me to put the SIM in and it will work, which is patently not the case.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sharpener,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems unlocking your phone online. With some older handsets, we may need to request an unlocking code from the manufacturer.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can help.

Thanks

James