cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 3 LTE

Liu2te
Visitor

I want to use Samsung galaxy watch 3 LTE without my phone near me. How do I set it up with EE? It should cost a bit extra but I can't find this option on my EE account. Anyone can guide me correct way ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Liu2te 

Welcome to the community.

You set up the Samsung Watch plan in the Samsung Wearables app. You can only set it up if you have a pay monthly phone or SIM only contract with us. All of the pricing details should come up when you're setting it up.

How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G?

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G

Hi @Liu2te 

Welcome to the community.

You set up the Samsung Watch plan in the Samsung Wearables app. You can only set it up if you have a pay monthly phone or SIM only contract with us. All of the pricing details should come up when you're setting it up.

How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G?

Chris

Just been told by customer service see that since my Samsung galaxy 3 lte watch software was updater five months ago the watch will no longer work over cellular unless it is paired with a Samsung phone.

James_B

Hi @Parky61,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

This isn't something that was introduced with a software update. The Samsung 4G Watch range has always only offered support for use with Samsung devices.

James

I was under the impression that you can share the phone sim with the lte connection (esim) on the watch at no extra cost? The only option seems to be chargeable mobile plan extra????

Christopher_G

Yes, it's a chargeable plan to allow you to use mobile data on the Samsung Watch, @Roberhert 

Chris

I just spoke to Samsung UK tech suppot re this and they told me the complete opposite of this.  

@scottnye  the watch has nothing to do with your phone contract and has its own data allowance but can use your phone call/text allowance.   The  watch is a 2nd line on your account that needs a data connection to work and that needs a paid contract in order to have that connection.