cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange UK locked Nokia N86 8MP

theoldmototoad
Explorer

Hey everyone, I have recently bought a Nokia N86 8MP off eBay and have just realised that it is locked to Orange UK. But since Orange UK no longer exists, I thought I'd come here since Orange merged with T-Mobile to become EE. Is there any way I can get an unlock code for this device? I've seen other unlock code generators online but since there is no way for me to know if they will actually work or not since Orange is gone and they cost a lot of money too. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can just apply for unlocking by using the Unlocking your device form and giving its IMEI no., which you can obtain be dialling *#06# into its keypad.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @theoldmototoad 

You should be able to find the tools to unlock Symbian S60 online free. It is highly unlikely that EE will be able to offer an unlock code. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I tried this but it just results in a client-side exception error

All the tools I have found online require payment, and because I can't guarantee that the codes they provide will actually work, I don't want to pay because it's unlikely I'll get my money back

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @theoldmototoad,

@Northerner is correct in saying it's unlikely that we would still have unlocking codes held in house for a phone of that age.

If you get in touch with Customer Care, our unlocking team may be able to reach out to the manufacturer for an unlocking code, but this isn't always possible with older discontinued devices.

James