cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy data plan not connecting

simonhaine
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I've just received a galaxy watch 5. It's connecting via Bluetooth to my phone (Vivo X80 Pro) but when I try to set up the mobile connectivity it's telling me "EE doesn't offer mobile plans for your watch"

Obviously it does as I bought it from EE with a mobile plan.

Does anybody know why it won't connect?

4 REPLIES 4
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @simonhaine.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team so they can check your account and see why this isn't working for you.

Jon

simonhaine
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Jon_K.

Spoke to Samsung this morning who advised no issue with the actual watch and to speak with EE. Spoke to EE at length, resetting the watch etc and retrying - all failed. The agent then tells me that this only works on Samsung phones (which I don't believe to be true) and the only solution was to buy a Samsung phone or continue to just use the watch in Bluetooth mode.

Have gone with a third option to return the watch.

@simonhaine  Samsung make the watch to only be compatible with Samsung phones. This started with the watch 4 and with the 5 they have actually locked it down even more to make it only compatible with their phones.     Samsung also say you do need a Samsung phone and it’s even on EEs webpage and with your phone being an Android device doesn’t mean you can use a Samsung watch with it as the OS on the device has nothing todo with it.  

@Chris_B My understanding is that only the ECG and blood pressure reading functionalities are not available in non-Samsung phones. Samsung themselves state this, and although they add a disclaimer that Watch 4 (and above, although not specifically mentioned) may not work with all Android phones, they specifically mention Huawei phones - as these run Android but not Google Services so would not be compatible with WearOS. 

The connection between the watch and phone works fine in Bluetooth mode; connecting to an eSIM shouldn't require a Samsung phone, and if so would (should?) have been brought up when I Was speaking to the Samsung tech team.

Regardless, lesson learnt; I will stay away from Samsung watches.