cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

Eemaz
Investigator
Investigator

I recently upgraded my phone and plan. Ee however sent the wrong details to dpd, dpd tried delivering to the wrong address and marked it as refused so ee requested their phone back. Ee told me there is no chance of reattempting delivery as it has to be returned back to them so I can make a brand new order also no chance of cancelling until they receive the phone back. 
here’s my issue at this point I want my money back and my pac code but ee refuses to give me this until they receive their phone back. 
Should I be made liable for the issues they have between them and their delivery partner dpd?

The package was marked as on its way back to ee for the past 5 days but everyday a new update shows it’s still in dpd depot and has not moved. 
I have already made multiple complains through the web form with no one relying and it’s been over 4 days much past the 48 hrs time frame they give you. 
even crazier is they claim ee has no way of contacting dpd for a update they do not have a phone line. The warehouse team has no phone line said one of the line managers from the upgrade team. 
My friend had the same situation that was resolved within the same day. Mine has been stuck in the same state for 5 days with no update no change. 
ee discriminating since I am not white English. My white English friend had it sorted same day the exact same issue. 

6 REPLIES 6
Eemaz
Investigator
Investigator

Is it fair to leave your customer liable for a fault you had between you and your delivery partner? 
@Christopher_G 

Eemaz
Investigator
Investigator
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Eemaz,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear the return of your upgrade is taking longer than expected.

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a moment.

Thanks

James

I’ve replied thank you. 

Also can you please confirm is it the companies policy to leave the customer liable for issues between ee and their delivery partners? 
Ee provided wrong address info to dpd therefore dpd failed to deliver. Now phone is in dpd depot for past 5 days with no movement. But it’s fair that the customer must suffer the consequences? I can’t move my number to another network because apparently ee is unable to cancel my upgrade even though I never received it?  I must wait for ee to receive the phone back from dpd again not my issue to be able to move on. But when I talk to ee they say I can’t give you a data I can’t contact dpd we must wait. 

So you sent me a pm saying someone from the complaints team will call you to sort it out. I received the call now and no solution was offered. 
Basically confirming customer is liable for mistakes made by Ee. 
Ee seems to be at mercy of the machines, there is no one that can make an executive decision to correct the error made from ee. 

I never experienced anything like this at o2 or Vodafone and the little problems I did face it was rectified quickly. 
guys do yourselves a favour do not upgrade or take out a new contract before checking o2 and Vodafone prices are 100x better and so is the customer service. Mobile phones direct will beat ee prices guaranteed. 
#o2 #vodafone