cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade and order problems

Toria37
Explorer

Hoping someone can advise. 

I got an offer of free early upgrade (saving £185) for being a loyal customer (13years) I decided to go ahead and upgrade. I ordered the phone to be delivered to Warrington store 1. My local store closed down and 2. DPD are useless if you work Monday to Friday (found out the hard way before Christmas with a phone from ee funnily enough)

I head down to Warrington (30min drive) remembering to take every scrap of ID I have because recently married and unable to see online how to update surname. 
birth certificate, marriage certificate, driving licence, passport, bank statement. Covering all bases for name, name change, photo ID, address and direct debit details. 
To be told no. You can’t have your phone. We can’t use common sense or managers discretion. We can only give to you if you have ID with maiden name on. Point out birth certificate. No has to be photo ID. But what if I didn’t drive or leave the county (like my dad, he has neither)  to be basically told tough. We couldn’t help you in those circumstances. 

I’m understandably annoyed at this point. Told me nothing they can do. Ring customer services. Fine, ask to use the phone to be told no, not something we do. But then lets the next woman use the shop phone to talk to customer service. 

whist I’m trying to speak to customer service the shop staff keeps interrupting me and is rude. I snap at her to leave me alone. She shouts back at me and storms off. 
After almost an hour on the phone and a very public break down (recent bereavement, highly emotional)  I managed to get as far as shop will scan my marriage certificate and change my name which they initially said they couldn’t do. The whole reason I had to ring customer service in the first place could have been avoided. 

my problem now is that they have sent my phone back but nobody can tell me how long it takes or provide any tracking. 
I paid an upfront cost for a phone I now don’t have.  I am paying for a higher tariff for same said phone. 
and nobody can confirm that my offer will be honoured when I come to do the upgrade again if and when the initial phone arrives back at head office. 

And before anyone says I was rude to staff etc. I actually apologised to the staff member and the manager. Neither of which apologised to me. And not one single member of staff had the common decency to ask if I was ok or even offer me a tissue after seeing my clear state of distress. 

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Toria37,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss and understand a complication with your upgrade would be the last thing you needed during this difficult time.

Our store staff were following the correct security procedures which are in place to protect your EE account, but I'm sorry if this wasn't handled in a compassionate manner.

Now that your name change has been processed, you'll be able to use your valid ID to collect your upgrade.

As soon as the phone is returned to our warehouse, your plan will be reverted back to your old one and any refunds due will be generated on your account.

As soon as your receive notification of your plan changing back to your old one, you'll be able to place a new upgrade order.

If you'd like to share some feedback about your in store experience, please fill out this quick webform.

James

Thank you for your reply. 

the problem is nobody seems to be able to give me a timeline of how long it all takes. Or provide any tracking information to show the phone has in fact been returned. 
my current phone is having some software issues despite having the most up to date iOS. 
I just want it all sorted out and in place before we take a trip to scatter his ashes in a couple of weeks. 

James_B

No problem @Toria37

The return processing and refund process shouldn't take longer than 14 days.

James

Jwill33
Explorer

The exactly same thing happened to me yesterday.  Its the most frustrating thing ever. The store manager was so rude. No help at all. How long did the process take after?

Katie_B

Good morning @Jwill33

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have not been able to collect your new phone. 

Are you aware if this has now been returned?

Speak soon, 

Katie 

Im not sure. They said they have to cancel it all and send it back and ill have to phone again to upgrade once its all been cancelled down. The name was changed on my account but after the upgrade had gone thro. So phone was delivered to store in my maiden name and they wouldnt give me the phone as i had to id in my maiden name. Its been so stressfull. The ee advisor should have changed the name before he processed the phone. Im now waiting on this process. Im not happy as i took it out along with a deal with broadband but getting billed for something i dont even have. Its so unfair.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me and explaining this further @Jwill33

I understand how inconvenient this must be, it sounds like the store are following the correct process in regards to matching ID with the name on your delivery. 

Please give our customer care team a call so a timescale can be provided. 

Finger's crossed your new phone is with you soon.

Katie