cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make a new phone purchase

Bobby51
Investigator
Investigator

I've been an EE customer for years.I  just tried to purchase a phone from them and was told not until February '24.I asked why and was told it was because I changed my sim about 6 months ago.So I asked how long till my contract expires and that's 2025 but if I wanted to pay 200 odd quid I could get out of it.So EE are willing to lose my new purchase and any billing I would accrue? .I'll be using my phone a lot less this year running the contract out and I'll find another provider on day 1 of freedom from EE.Silly buggers could've had me till death...Not now though.I'm done...PS..they've sent me authentication codes twice,accepted them and then told me authentication had failed..Couldn't make this up...Bobby

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Sorry, @Bobby51 

The post was in public, so the information has been moderated. Could you send through a private message? Just click on this private message link and reply there.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G

Hi @Bobby51 

Welcome to the community.

What was it that you did with your SIM six months ago? Did you upgrade?

Chris

Hello Christopher.I dropped it in the sea .So I had to get another phone and sim.My credit is in the 600s so it's not that.Must've been 10 years with EE,never done anything except pay my bill.Ask for a contract phone once and get fobbed with "Wait until February"That's not how you keep custom,I'm done with it...Bobby

Christopher_G

Did you upgrade your contract to a new phone and SIM or were they just replacements through insurance, @Bobby51

Chris

That's the thing Christopher,it wasn't a contract phone,never had a contract, and the sim was from the newsagent.Never taken anything from EE.Never used them for anything but the connection.And this is the first time I've tried buy a contract phoneThe reason I'm **bleep**ed about is because I have an appointment with a doctor on Friday on a zoom call.Now I've had to go buy a web cam and microphone when a new phone (Which I needed anyway)would've been so much easier.I'm not well and  because of EE refusing me I've left the house spent the passed 3 hours trying to buy the tech to make the zoom.

Christopher_G

I really don't understand why you wouldn't be able to get a new phone, @Bobby51. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Chris

Hello Christopher...My name is Robert XXXXXX...I've no idea of my EE account number...My phone number is XXXXXXXXXXXX ...All the phones I've had have been 2nd hand so I've paid for minutes and whatever else the bills include ....Bobby 

I've sent you what you wanted Christopher apart from my EE account number..sorry...Bobby

Christopher_G

Sorry, @Bobby51 

The post was in public, so the information has been moderated. Could you send through a private message? Just click on this private message link and reply there.

Thanks 🙂

Chris