cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for upfront deposit after we cancelled order

Jordanhousley
Visitor

Ee cancelled my order due to credit check but took mu

upfront payment and this has not been refunded how long will this take to return to my credit card. I’m down £30 

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jordanhousley 

The payment is reserved by your bank, not taken. Your bank will normally hold this payment for 7 days and if no request is made will be released back into your account. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
KOMPO
Explorer

Interestingly, I  just received an email stating that a £50 deposit has been taken from my account just minutes after ending a phone call requesting a lowest rate monthly SIM, moving to EE from my original provider who has been excellent but is ceasing  mobile services.  The EE operator told me that the bank details were simply in order for a credit check to be completed.  Apparently I now have to wait a few days to see what happens and am 'not to worry as there's a 14 day cooling off period'.  That's half a morning wasted and another one upcoming I suspect.

Is this normal practice?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KOMPO 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of this problem with your order. Our Mobile Care team will be able to look into, and explain this. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris

KOMPO
Explorer

Thanks I'm keeping my  fingers crossed and appreciate the reply here.

Magda40
Investigator
Investigator

when will you refund my £30 for a phone that was not approved and the money was taken from my credit 

answer me 

how long will I have to wait for an answer? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Magda40,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is the transaction showing as pending or completed in your banking app?

James