cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Return Phone

Steven761
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue myself and feeling similar disappointment.

22 REPLIES 22
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Steven761.

I'm sorry to hear that. What is the issue that you're having?

Chris

Hi Christopher, thank you for your reply. I'm just disappointed because I can't get another upgrade until the return is processed, so have had to buy a stopgap phone as I sold my old handset after upgrading. 

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to us and I hope this is returned and your upgrade is available to order again soon @Steven761

Leanne.

Thank you Leanne. Cam I confirm I will be able to get any upgrade, it doesn't have to be something more expensive than my previous contract (which I paid early upgrade fee for and bought my old handset instead of returning). Its just because the contract I want to get is slightly less cost than my previous? 

Leanne_T

Hi @Steven761

If you have paid an early upgrade charge and for the phone, you should have the option to select any plan, however, to make sure give us a call on 150 and the team will check the account and let you know 🙂

Leanne.

Thank you Leanne. Does that mean that in these circumstances ie having paid for phone and upgrade fee, that I could potentially leave EE altogether as I am considering doing that. Steven 

Leanne_T

Hi @Steven761

Please give us a call on 150, the team will check your account and be able yo go through all the options with you. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne so the phone was returned and received by EE on Mon morning I was told on email within 48 hours of return that I would be given the chance to re upgrade. Still nothing and when I call customer services told that I have to wait for the phone to be scanned by yourselves. Until then I can do nothing l. Enough enough so just to confirm I paid off my old contract and phone, therefore I should be able to leave EE without sny further charge? I feel like if this is the way they treat a long term customer its totally insulting I would prefer to go elsewhere.

James_B

Hi @Steven761,

Once the phone is checked in and scanned, you'll revert back to your old contract with any early upgrade fees paid being refunded.

To cancel your contract, you'd need to pay the relevant early termination fee.

James