cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kept on hold for an hour and then cut off!

STEJENT
Contributor
Contributor

I places my upgrade order for the iPhone 15  the other day, and then this evening at 19:41 I got a text asking me to call EE as they need to discuss the order with me.

I called immediately and I was on hold for an hour before my call was answered at 20:43.

Was advised that it was because I paid so much upfront for my device plan which would be given on a flex plan and they had to process the order manually and send me some documents to sign. As he said that, the call ended.

The screen sharing chat was still open so I messaged there and got no response. And no call back. I tried calling again, but my call wasn't answered before 21:00, so now I have to wait until the morning.

How is this acceptable? Why, if a call is disconnected, wouldn't the advisor call me straight back? I'm so mad now that a big chunk of my evening has been wasted. 

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @STEJENT 

I think they are referring to this;

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-monthly/flex-pay

Technically the information you were given ended the call becase you will need to sign a document although would this not be online? Maybe the agent didnt believe they needed to call you and will post the documents out. It all sounds very strange tbh. 

There is high demand becase of the iphone release which means you will have to hold during busy times. The call to EE on 150 is free. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.