cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery

Mik3yBBQ
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I placed an order for an upgrade on my account yesterday and got a confirmation email straight away - but nothing from DPD (no email or tracking number etc).

DPD did attempt delivery today when I was not in and asked my wife for a PIN code which we do not have so he went away and said he’d try again tomorrow (9th Feb).

Can you help please? 

Cheers,

Mikey.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mik3yBBQ download the DPD app and create an account with the same email address that you use with EE,   You should see that if you have a parcel from EE and also the pin code that you have to give to the driver.. 

Heya Chris,

Thanks, I did do that and it does not show any parcel activity. Also on my EE account it says there is no orders outstanding.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mik3yBBQ 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Are you using the same email address registered for your EE account? 

Could you try using the mobile number on the DPD app instead? 

Leanne.

Mik3yBBQ
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I used both my phone mobile and email and nothing still. DPD haven't been back either and with no tracking details at all I cannot contact them 😞

Thanks

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @Mik3yBBQ 

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to get the consignment number and check the delivery for you.

Chris

Hi Mikey. I might be able to give some advice here as I am a DPD driver and handle these types of deliveries every day. Most companies who require DPD to issue and request a pin number to the customer have the pin sent to both the registered email and phone numbers. EE on the other hand do not, they only have the pin sent to the mobile number they have provided to DPD. I have personally seen problems arise on several occasions where the pin was either sent to the wrong number (where multiple devices are on the same account) and even seen it sent out to numbers which were long since disconnected from the same account. The good news is that EE can find and correct that problem very quickly, usually before the customer is off the line.

I'd recommend contacting EE customer services and confirming that they are having DPD send the pin to the correct number. I suspect that's the issue here otherwise your delivery would automatically show in the DPD app. Also, if DPD turn up at your door again the driver can confirm the last 4 digits of the phone number the pin is being sent out to and if it's a phone number that you have access to at that moment the driver can resend the pin to you immediately. 

Just to clarify however, the only person who will know what the pin number is will be whoever reads it on the phone it is sent to. Not the driver, not DPD, not EE. The driver cannot unlock the delivery on their device without it so no amount of begging, pleading or reasoning will change this (yes, this happens a lot). Believe me when I say that the driver wants nothing more than a speedy & efficient delivery so if they had any way to work around the pin they would. 

Hopefully this helps somewhat

Regards

Chris 

P.S. The advice I've given here is my own and not done so on behalf of DPD