cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox UItimate Game Pass - what happens on expiry

claytom3214
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I took out a new broadband contract with EE about a year ago. The contract included 12 months of Xbox UItimate Game Pass. This Game Pass is about to expire. What happens on expiry? I'd like to cancel it but can't see any way of cancelling the Game Pass. I don't want to continue with the Game Pass after it's expired. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

22 REPLIES 22
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @claytom3214 

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to cancel the Xbox add-on in your EE Online account?

Chris

claytom3214
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, no there's no option to cancel it from the list of add-ons within the online account. Just says:

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 12 months
Free
Ends on 18 Jan 2024

All I need to check is what happens after 18th Jan? Do I get charged?
Leanne_T

Hi @claytom3214 

If the end date is January this should be removed from your account on this date. To make sure no chargeable add-on is set to start please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.

user2000
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this, exactly the same, 

"

Free
Ends on 18 Jan 2024

"

There is no option to cancel it and I really cannot be bothered with the hassle of phoning 150 to check this out.

I don't want it auto renewing as I already have some months left over with Microsoft themselves, and although it looks like it's not going to (my bill was produced for this month yesterday and it doesn't include any extra charges) the Game Pass T&Cs make it look like it converts to a monthly plan with EE.

Judging by some of the posts on this forum it seems there are many others not sure what happens.

Guess we'll see after the 18th...

Christopher_G

Welcome back, @user2000 🙂

The Game Pass Ultimate subscription should be under the plans and add-ons section of your mobile EE Online account. Does it give you the option to cancel it there?

Chris

claytom3214
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, the game pass is listed but no option to cancel. 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @claytom3214 

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to make sure that everything is removed from our side for you.

Chris

craigc1970
Investigator
Investigator

It is interesting that I am also the 18th Jan for expiry so assume these accounts are dealt with in batches.

Has anyone called up EE about this? I also  cannot be bothered with the hassle of phoning 150.

user2000
Contributor
Contributor

Oh dear this is all pretty farcical...

Had the following interaction by text this morning, at first I thought it was going to be easy.

I really do not want to be having to phone to get this sorted, there must be another way to ensure I'm not being charge £12 - on my EE page there is no button to cancel, it still just says  

"

Free
Ends on 18 Jan 2024

"

game pass text.jpg