Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

International Calls & Texts From the UK

Making International calls & texts from the UK are always chargeable & are not included in any allowances. Some might mistakenly believe that they count towards roaming allowances but when in the UK you are not roaming.

International calls & texts can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. To do so just text CALL ABROAD to 150. It will then last forever on your account.

However it has recently become almost impossible to find out these CALL ABROAD rates from searching the EE website Help pages. For that reason I have decided to publish them here, as follows.

Pay Monthly CALL ABROAD Rates Cont.JPG

PAYG CALL ABROAD RatesPAYG.JPG

Since writing this EE has introduced the £2 International Pass on contract as its Call Abroad add-on.

New Pay Monthly £2 pm CALL ABROAD Rates 

Note: No reduced rates for texts.

XRaySpeX_0-1689299578566.jpeg

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
57 REPLIES 57

@XRaySpeX   It’s not free now it’s £2  per month as I’ve just tried to apply it.      That’s using CALL ABROAD to 150.   It was a free add on to get cheaper calls as I had this once. 

and texting ADD INT to 150 gets 

Sorry we didn't catch that. Your device is set up to be used for roaming in any country.

If you'd like to restrict this to the EU only roaming (this also means you can't make international calls while in the UK) reply ROAM EU, but if you'd prefer to roam in the EU and to call anywhere when in the UK or EU, then reply ROAMEU INT

@Chris_B : Only for contracts. Still free on PAYG.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX   I was more replying to the open POST it’s no longer accurate.   I know this was an old thread,  perhaps a new one so this can be archived. 

@Chris_B : The contract Price Guide shows both "Calling abroad Add-On rates" (those that I quote & are still valid) & "£2 Calling abroad Add-On rates". Why?

Alzeido
Investigator
Investigator

Why is this no longer Free? i upgraded my phone, and got a text saying this addon has been removed, so i go to add it and now its the same addon  WITHOUT texts for £2 per month, when before it was free. why am i paying more for less usage?!?!!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alzeido 

I would recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team to see if they are able to re-add it for you.

Chris

JohnBaker
Visitor

Hw much does this add on cost?

From the OP:

“International calls & texts can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. To do so just text CALL ABROAD to 150. It will then last forever on your account.”

The add-on is free, but the calls are not.. But they are cheaper than they would be without the add-on for the listed destinations.

I still have the £1 Data Pack and some time ago I got the Free CALL ABROAD addon.  I can comfirm that I made a 2 minute phone call to USA during this month that only cost 6p, so I must still have the addon, and I have just looked at what I have been charged for during the past 30 days, and it is only the weekly £1 for my package, nothing for an addon.

Sometimes a LOT cheaper!  For instance 18p reduced to 8p or 5p for calling a mobile in many European countries.