Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

International Calls & Texts From the UK

Making International calls & texts from the UK are always chargeable & are not included in any allowances. Some might mistakenly believe that they count towards roaming allowances but when in the UK you are not roaming.

International calls & texts can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. To do so just text CALL ABROAD to 150. It will then last forever on your account.

However it has recently become almost impossible to find out these CALL ABROAD rates from searching the EE website Help pages. For that reason I have decided to publish them here, as follows.

Pay Monthly CALL ABROAD Rates Cont.JPG

PAYG CALL ABROAD RatesPAYG.JPG

Since writing this EE has introduced the £2 International Pass on contract as its Call Abroad add-on.

New Pay Monthly £2 pm CALL ABROAD Rates 

Note: No reduced rates for texts.

XRaySpeX_0-1689299578566.jpeg

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
57 REPLIES 57
Mark9872
Explorer

When I look at the thread your original post is at the top, marked as updated in the middle of July.  I read down the post, saw the information I was expecting. I only saw the update at the bottom of the original post after ee replied to my text. I'm viewing on a phone so didn't see the whole post (or, as a first time user  realise the post order defaults to oldest first!)

At least I now know the per minute charge for the call I'm about to  make despite ee trying to make pricing as confusing as possible! So thanks anyway!

Now to figure out how to switch it off after I've made my call.....

EABowden
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

THIS IS NOT FREE!!!

I followed your instructions and texted 'roam abroad' to 150 and got a message back saying I have added a £2 a month charge to my account!!!!

You need to amend the title and body of this post immediately!

@EABowden :  Didn't I say "Since writing this EE has introduced the £2 International Pass on contract as its Call Abroad add-on."?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EABowden
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Didn't I say 'you need to amend the TITLE of the message' because it is a lie, 'and the BODY of the text' to remove the charge sheet for the free add-on which doesn't exist. 

Where can I send my bill for the £2 you've cost me?

@EABowden  if you had read this whole thread you would have seen it’s not correct anymore.   Even my original comment ( 2nd comment on this thread) states this,  And @XRaySpeX  reply to me even states only for contracts it’s still free for PAYG.    The information is there had you of read it.   And the title doesn’t state if it’s for contract or PAYG.  

EABowden
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So it's MY fault that I must magically understand that the title of the post, which is PINNED by the admins, is a complete lie?!?!

Talk about victim blaming!

I hope you're not on jury service when it's my day in court!

95 Helpfuls in 55 posts since 2018 can't be bad 😉 !

EABowden
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's pretty depressing that people are stupid enough to thank you for lying to them!

Perhaps you're a politician.