cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roam abroad pass duration

ExpatScot27
Explorer

Hello, and thanks for your advice.

Not really helpful for me and contradictory to the advice given by an EE employee in store yesterday.

I'm going to New Zealand and the Roam Abroad Pass seems to meet my needs, however, I was told that it cover starts as soon as activated and lasts for 4 weeks, not that it is tied to the billing cycle.  

My billing date is the 4th of the Month.

I arrive NZ on 21st Jan 24 and was going to activate the Pass via website that day.  

I will depart on 18 Feb 24, 29 days later. I was going to cancel the Pass before then.

Does this mean that I will be charges 2 x Months fees for less than a month's service?

Grateful for clarification,

Don

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@ExpatScot27 wrote:

Not really helpful for me and contradictory to the advice given by an EE employee in store yesterday.

The advice was helpful to the poster who started the thread from December 2023 that you added to , yours is now a new post.

The Roam Abroad pass, once added, remains active until you explicitly request it stopped - just as with any EE add-on, it's added on a rolling basis

Charges are pro-rata'd when you add it, but not when cancelled. So in your case - add the pass on or around 21/01 and get pro-rata charges from then until 04/02. February bill will have a full months charge covering until 03/03, regardless of if/when it is cancelled in that period. Providing the pass is removed before the 04/03 bill date, it will not be charged on there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@ExpatScot27 wrote:

The advice was helpful to the poster who started the thread from December 2023 that you added to , yours is now a new post.

The Roam Abroad pass, once added, remains active until you explicitly request it stopped - just as with any EE add-on, it's added on a rolling basis

Charges are pro-rata'd when you add it, but not when cancelled. So in your case - add the pass on or around 21/01 and get pro-rata charges from then until 04/02. February bill will have a full months charge covering until 03/03, regardless of if/when it is cancelled in that period. Providing the pass is removed before the 04/03 bill date, it will not be charged on there.

ExpatScot27
Explorer

Many thanks, that's clear and helpful.