cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ordered Galaxy Tab S9+ and it should have come with the free keyboard cover

Baloo_uk
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the Tab S9+ and at the time there was an offer on that stated it would come with a keyboard cover. (To be sent 14 - 30days after purchase)

This time has now passed so I contacted EE, they said the system had a note that it failed. They also said I should contact Samsung as they deal with the promotions, but Samsung refers me back to EE.

The advisors don't know what is going on.

In my opinion, as it was part of the sale of the tablet, EE is now in breach of contract as clearly they are not honoring the offers that were promised.

Anyone has any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Baloo_uk  If it’s a free gift it’s not a breach of the sale it’s a free gift.  It’s not part of the contract.    EE customer services should be telling you how to go about making the claim for it. 

As I said they keep sending me to Samsung who keeps pointing back to EE.

As they used the Free gift as part of their advertising and then do not deliver it is classed as false advertising though, which can have implications on the contract.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Baloo_uk

If the offer was direct with EE and did not require you to claim this product via Samsung then I would recommend getting back in touch with our customer care team. 

Katie

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Baloo_uk 

"system had a note that it failed"

What does that mean. Did you ask them. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I asked them, they did not know.

The only advice they keep giving is to contact Samsung. EE customer service is convinced they don't do offers which send out keyboard covers.

It looks like no one has a clue, nor do they have a solution...

James_B

Hi @Baloo_uk,

When did you purchase your tablet?

James

After yet another long phone call,

Someone put me through to the upgrades team who sent off a form to the "gifts with purchase" team.

They just sent me a text that dpd will be in touch to arrange delivery. So hopefully it is resolved.

Just makes me wonder why it took several hours on the phone...

James_B

Thanks for the update @Baloo_uk 

I'm sorry this wasn't resolved the first time you contacted customer care.

James

If a free gift was advertised and swayed you into making a purchase on the grounds of the keyboard which has a substatial value of £199 retail then you can successfully argue in court.

Dont forget contracts can be unfair and if dammed by the court to be so. 

Companies can't make offers then then not fulfill the.